Jan Scholl, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., 1986, Iowa State University
- 75% Cooperative Extension - 4-H Family Living Programs, Textiles and Clothing, and Foods and Nutrition Curriculum Development
- 25% Research - Using Technology to Improve Curriculum Development
Using Technology to Improve Curriculum Development
Curriculum development for youth programs in family and consumer sciences area. Research in curriculum development, Cooperative Extension history, educational basis for 4-H work, early 4-H work and projects, and the history ofPA 4-H program. Known for the development of the 4-H research and EFNEP research databases/websites, the portable kitchen and the study of Extension films. Regional Ag Experiment Station project related to the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program
- Meritorious Service, National Association of Extension 4-H Agents, 2011
- USDA National Instituted ofFood and Agriculture Partnership Award, 2011
- Scholl, J., Paster, A., & Jankowski, B. 2011. Establishing a research base for the Expanded Foods and Nutrition Education Program. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 39(3), 279-288.
- Scholl, J. 2011. Martha Van Rensselaer: Family and Consumer Sciences Champion. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences. 103(3), 11-18.