Daniel D. Foster, Ph.D.
Connect with Daniel D. Foster, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University, 2009
- M.S., The Ohio State University, 2009
- B.S., The University of Arizona, 2002
Dr. Daniel Foster has a life-long mission to serve as a positive change agent. He is driven to facilitating engaged scholarship that curates and stimulates innovation bridging industry, secondary, post-secondary and community-centered learning in food, fiber, and natural resources. Dr. Foster draws heavily from a lifetime of engagement in agricultural education in multiple states and nations to develop scholarship that generates global impact, one student and one community at a time. Dr. Foster’s line of inquiry has focused on developing authentic experiential educational interventions that critically examine global professional pedagogical vision in perspective and practicing agricultural educators at the secondary and post-secondary levels including utilization of disruptive technologies integrated into the learning environment
- AG 150S: “Be a Master Student” First Year Seminar
- AEE 100: Agricultural Education Orientation
- AEE 295: Observation of Teaching in Agriculture and Environmental Science (Early Field Experience)
- AEE 297A/CAS 217: Practical Parliamentary Procedure
- AEE 311: Developing Youth Leadership through Organization and Program Structure
- AEE 350: Teaching Methods for Agricultural and Environmental Laboratories
- AEE 400: Education in Agriculture in Developing Nations
- AEE 412: Methods of Teaching Agriculture and Environmental Science
- AEE 499: Global School-Based Agricultural Education
- AEE 495/AEE 595: Internship in Agricultural and Extension Education (Student Teacher Supervision)
- AEE 511: Youth Leadership Development in Agricultural & Life Sciences
- AEE 595: Academic Integration and Curriculum Planning in Secondary Agricultural Education
Funding Agencies/Foundations for Grants Received
- National Institute of Environmental Health Science
- United States Department of Agriculture, National Institute for Food and Agriculture, Specialty Crops Research Initiative
- Office of Undergraduate Education, College of Agricultural Sciences
Office of Global Programs, The Pennsylvania State University
- CHS Foundation
- The Center for Dairy Excellence
- The National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE)
Sankey Rice, L. L., Foster, D. D., Miller Foster, M. J., & Barrick, R. K. (2014). Discovering global competencies of agriculture education students through reflective journaling. North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture Journal, 58(4), 324-329
Masser, D., Falk, J, & Foster, D. D., (2014). Level of agricultural education advisory council implementation in Idaho secondary agricultural education programs. Journal of Agricultural Education, 55(3), 116-131. DOI: 10.5032/jae.2014.04038
Foster, D. D., Miller Foster, M. J., Rice Sankey, L. L. & Barrick, R. K. (2014). Preparing agricultural educators for the world: Describing global competency in agricultural teacher candidates. Journal of Agricultural Education. 55(1), 51-65.
Simonsen, J. C., Velez, J. J., Foor, R. M., Birkenholz, R. J., Foster, D. D., Wolf, K. J, & Epps, R. B. (2014). A multi-institutional examination of the relationships between high school activity involvement and leadership constructs among first-time college of agriculture students. Journal of Agricultural Education, 55(1), 51-65
Sankey, L. L., & Foster, D. D. (2012). A content analysis of teaching philosophy statements of award winning colleges of agriculture professors. Journal of Agricultural Education, 53(4), 124-140.
Ewing, J. C., Whittington, M. S., & Foster, D. D. (2011). Explaining student cognition in the context of Piaget’s theory of cognitive development. North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture Journal. 55(1), 68-75.
Wolf, K. J., Foster, D. D., & Birkenholz, R. J. (2010). The Relationship between Teacher Self-Efficacy and the Professional Development Experiences of Agricultural Education Teachers Candidates. Journal of Agricultural Education 51(4), 38-48. DOI: 10.5032/jae.2010.04038.
Foster, D. D. & Whittington, M.S. (2010). Developing an Instrument to Measure Principles of Teaching and Learning in College Class Sessions. Journal of Agricultural Education. 51(2).
Wolf, K. J., Foster, D. D., & Birkenholz, R. J. (2009). Effect of leadership experiences on agricultural education student teacher self-efficacy in classroom management. Career and Technical Education Research, 34(2), 119-134