What We Do
CSIS is a policy research, development, technology transfer, and education unit at Penn State in collaboration with the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission's Bureau of Consumer Services.
- Design and operate computer-based information systems for the PUC/BCS.
- Assist in the design and
implementation of consumer education programs and in the dissemination
of consumer education information.
- Conduct policy and applied
research, including the review of regulations and
proposals/suggestions for new programs and regulatory policies.
- Produce analyses and
reports from Project databases for use in the regulatory process and
for routine and special PUC/BCS reports.
- Maintain a variety of databases on customer complaints and opinions regarding utility service.
- Provide special studies on selected aspects of consumer knowledge and complaint behavior.
- Conduct State and National surveys regarding consumer issues and utility regulatory matters.
- Analyze energy conservation and low-income weatherization programs.
- Provide assistance in evaluating policy and program performance.