Admission to the Major

How to apply to the Agricultural and Extension Education major

Future Penn State Students

Current Penn State Students

Course Requirements

  • For the Production and Environmental Science options: same as any other teacher certification program (3.00 GPA and course requirements of EDPSY 104, EDTHP 115, CHEM 101 or 110, BIOL 110, and STAT 200). Anyone not meeting the requirements will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
  • For the Leadership Development option: there are no specific course requirements for entrance. You need to be in good academic standing (minimum GPA of 2.0) and get support from the department.

Not at University Park Campus?

If you are making good progress towards the major and are essentially following the schedule, you may be eligible to change to University Park for your 4th semester. However, if you desire to stay at another location for the 4th semester and you can still develop a full schedule with courses that all count towards graduation in the AEE major, that is okay. Requests for changing to UP for the 4th semester are handled on a case-by-case basis.