2017 Global Learning in Agriculture Conference
Learning Locally: Growing Globally
Are you interested in "globalizing" your agriculturally-focused instruction? The Global Learning Conference in Agriculture is designed to help you create global learning opportunities for students in any agricultural discipline.
When: January 27, 1:00 - 5:00 PM EST
Where: Online via Adobe Connect
- Purposeful, meaningful global learning can occur on and off campus.
- There should be coordination from all levels of agricultural education to ensure maximum student growth on the global competency continuum.
Who should attend?
- Current secondary and post-secondary agriscience educators of all disciplines
- Extension educators
- Pre-service agriscience educators of all disciplines
- Vendors and stakeholders in global learning
- Identify resources and opportunities for global learning integration in agriculture education curriculum.
- Share scholarship related to global learning in agriculture.
- Share best practices for effective immersion experiences.
- Engage in innovation: explore global agriculture innovation, develop collaborative research projects and create future instructional programming.
The #GLAG17 keynote speaker is Dr. Richard Slimbach, Professor of Global Studies at Azusa Pacific University, who will be speaking on "Global Learning Upon a Generous Earth". Click the above link to learn more.
Benefits of registration
For a registration fee of $50, you will receive:
•One of only a limited number of spots in this year’s Global Learning in Agriculture conference on January 27, 2017 [Note: To ensure the best experience, we are limiting capacity]
•Opportunity to attend two breakout sessions with presentations on best practices of globalizing curriculum on campus and best practices for conducting immersion experiences.
•Access to a virtual vendor fair in which you can collaborate with businesses and programs that are interested in helping you achieve your program or individual growth goals.
•Win fabulous door prizes, before, after and during the event!
•Finally, register before December 9th to receive an exclusive “Conference in a Box” with critical materials (and wickedly awesome cool stuff) for you have an enjoyable conference experience.
Note: Penn State students should email email@example.com to learn about scholarship opportunities.
Global Learning in Agriculture Conference Advisory Committee
- Jack Elliot, Professor and Head, Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications, Texas A & M University
- Sasha Deidrich, 4-H Extension Educator, Penn State Extension
- Matthew Eddy, Agriculture Teacher at Southeast Polk Community School District, Iowa
- McKenzie Baecker, National FFA
- Matthew Rider, Pre-Service Agricultural Educator, Penn State University
You are invited to share your scholarship and best practices at the 2017 Global Learning in Agriculture Conference. Click the above link for more information.
Click the above link to register (link will become active October 3, 2017). Register before December 9th to receive the "Conference in a Box" full of materials that will enhance and extend the conference experience.