- Assists Northeast states in responding to rural development needs.
- Initiates and facilitates workshops and conferences on current rural development issues.
- Provides grant to support outcome focused activities.
- Initiates and coordinates networking among rural development partners.
- Produces and distributes research and educational materials through newsletters, annual reports, other publications, and its web page.
- A catalyst for research and extension within the 15 land-grant universities in the northeast (12 states and D.C.).
- A resource to practitioners and policy-makers in the states, region, and nation.
- A partner to community decision-makers and organizational leaders and other rural development professionals.
The Center Goals
- Improving economic competitiveness and diversification
- Supporting management and strategic planning for economic investment
- Enhancing community capacity through leadership education
- Assisting in family and community adjustments to stress and change
- Promoting constructive use of the environment
For More Information:
7 Armsby Building,
University Park, PA 16802