Youth and Family Education Minor
This minor includes course work from several disciplines and addresses student needs in areas such as non-formal education methods, adult education, leadership, youth programs, and communication methods and media.
The core program consists of 15 credits. Students are expected to strengthen their expertise by taking at least 3 additional credits (for a total of 18 credits) from the courses recommended. A grade of C or better is required for all courses.
Prescribed Courses (15 credits, Sem. 5-8)
- AEE 450 (3) Program Design and Delivery
- AFYCE 455 (3) Extension Youth Development Programs and Volunteer Management
- AYFCE 495 (6) Internship in Youth and Family Education Programs
- R SOC 305W (3) Leadership for Social Change
Supporting Courses (3 credits)
- ADTED 460 (3) Introduction to Adult Education
- AEE 440 (3) Communications Methods and Media
- AYFCE 295 (1-2) Observations of Cooperative Extension Programs
- AYFCE 496 (1-3) Independent Studies
- AYFCE 497 (1-3) Special Topics
Curriculum and Course Requirements - from University Bulletin
Course selection may be influenced by the experience and educational background of the student. Individual programs are determined jointly by the student and the academic adviser.
Procedures for Enrollment
Students may select the Leadership Development minor via the Minor Declaration option on LionPATH.
For more information, contact Dr. Nicole Webster at email@example.com .