Summer Institute Scholarships
Individuals needing financial assistance to participate in the CEDEV Summer Institute may apply for one of three scholarships. Scholarships are provided to help defray the cost of registration fee, tuition (for Penn State students registered for CEDEV 576), or travel costs associated with the CEDEV Summer Institute. Scholarships are awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
- Registration Scholarship: Scholarship reduces the registration fee of awarded participants.
- Tuition Scholarship: This scholarship is available to current Penn State graduate students that register for CEDEV 576 Applications & Practices (1 credit) to attend the CEDEV Summer Institute. Students attending the Summer Institute for credit pay only the tuition and related fees for CEDEV 576 and not the registration fee for the Summer Institute. To register for CEDEV 576, please contact the CEDEV Graduate Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Travel Scholarship: This scholarship is available for participants residing outside of State College, PA.
Rules and Information
- Only one scholarship will be awarded to an applicant and only one application per individual will be accepted.
- The number of scholarships in each category varies from year to year, depending on the number of applicants.
- Scholarship recipients are selected by the CEDEV Graduate Program administration and are reviewed as the applications are received. Scholarships are provided on a first come, first serve basis pending the eligibility of the applicant.
- If you are awarded a scholarship and are unable to attend the Summer Institute or do not register for the Summer Institute by the registration deadline, your scholarship will be forfeited.
- Travel and tuition scholarship award recipients will be provided with the award on a reimbursement basis only. Recipients of the registration scholarship will receive the award applied at the time of registration.
- Please note the following if you are provided with a travel scholarship:
- You will need to indicate your U.S. residency status on Penn State’s VISIT form for reimbursement. This is not required for Penn State employees.
- Original travel receipts are required for reimbursement.
- All travel expenses up to the scholarship award amount must be allowable and related solely for travel for the CEDEV Summer Institute and follow Penn State University’s Travel Policy .