- B.A., Mathematics, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA (Class of 2008)
I am a doctoral student in the Department of Agricultural Economics, Sociology, and Education. My research interests include food access issues, economic modeling of food retailing behaviors, consumer demand modeling, and industrial organization.
Beginning December 2014, I hold a Predoctoral Fellowship with the AFRI NIFA Grant Program. My expected completion date is December 2016.
- Bonanno, Alessandro, Lauren Chenarides, and Stephan J. Goetz. "Limited Food Access as an Equilibrium Outcome: An Empirical Analysis." 2012 AAEA/EAAE Food Environment Symposium, May 30-31, Boston, MA. No. 123196. Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, 2012.
- Bonanno, Alessandro, Lauren Chenarides, and Richard Volpe III. "The Size vs. Health Trade-off in Lower-Income Households’ Food Choices: The Case of Fluid Milk." 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, DC. No. 149832. Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, 2013.
- Chenarides, Lauren, Alessandro Bonanno, Anne Palmer, and Kate Clancy. "Perceived Barriers to Purchasing Healthy Foods vs. Access in Underserved Areas across the Northeast." 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota. No 170606. Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, 2014.
- ACNeilsen Homescan
- IRI InfoScan
- IRI Consumer Network Panel
- EmpowerIT Defense Commissary Data
- Neilsen TDLinx Store Characteristics Data
- USDA ERS Food Access Research Atlas
- USDA ERS Food Environment Atlas
- Stata, SAS, SQL Editor (DBeaver), ArcMap/GIS, Matlab, Excel
- (Instructor) AG BM 302: Food Products Marketing - Spring 2013
- (Teaching Assistant) AG BM 302: Food Products Marketing - Fall 2012