Jeffrey Bridger, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Rural Sociology, The Pennsylvania State University, 1994
My research and teaching interests center around community theory, community and rural development, the human dimensions of natural resources, and public scholarship and community engagement.
- R.Soc. 11: Introduction to Rural Sociology
- CED 152: Community Development Concepts and Practices
- CEDEV 500: Principles of Community and Economic Development
- CEDEV 575: Methods and Techniques for Community and Economic Development
- EGEE 211: The Social Legacy of Pennsylvania Coal
Recent Selected Publications
Fortunato, M.W., W.C. Shuffstall, K.A. Poppiti, S.S. Sager, T.R. Alter, and J.C. Bridger. “Well Connected: A Three County Case Study of Open Access Broadband Development in Northern Appalachia.” The Speakers Journal on Pennsylvania Polic y. Forthcoming 2010.
Bridger, J.C., M.A. Brennan, and A.E. Luloff. “The Interactional Approach to Community” In G. Robinson, (ed.) Introduction to Community Development. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications. Forthcoming 2010.
Bridger, J.C., and T.R. Alter. 2008. “An Interactional Approach to
Journal of the Community Development Society
Bridger, J.C., and T.R. Alter. 2006. “The Engaged University, Community Development, and Public Scholarship.” The Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement 11(1):163-178.
Schafft, K.A., T.R. Alter, and J.C. Bridger. 2006. “Bringing the Community Along: A Case Study of a School District’s Information Technology Rural Development Initiative.” Journal of Research in Rural Education 21(8)
Bridger, J.C., and T.R. Alter. 2006. “Place, Community Development, and Social Capital.” Journal of the Community Development Society 37(1):5-18.